The Folly team has been continuously tracking the Coronavirus situation and the potential effect it could have on our patrons, staff, and volunteers. The safety and wellbeing of these individuals are of the utmost importance to us so we have made several changes and decisions around this principle given the recent string of events.
Announced Thursday, May 28th:
Starting on Monday, June 1st, the Folly Theater will enter its first phase of reopening! Below are some of the steps we are taking in this first phase to ensure we are reopening as safely as possible.
- * Staff will work in rotating shifts to reduce the number of people in the office each day.
- * The Box Office is NOT open for walk ups. Tickets may only be purchased by visiting www.FollyTheater.org or by calling 816-474-4444.
- * The Folly staff will continue to conduct meetings virtually or by phone.
- * Staff will sanitize all office spaces at the beginning and end of their days.
- * Staff will wear masks whenever they are not in their own office spaces.
- * Staff will maintain at least 6 feet of distance at all times within the office.
- * Hand sanitizer will be readily available for staff use inside the office.
Over the next few weeks the Folly will slowly reopen in phases per city, state, and CDC guidelines. Our top priority has been and always will be the safety of our patrons, volunteers, artists, and staff.
If you have a question regarding a postponed/canceled event for a rental client event, please connect with the corresponding organization:
Friends of Chamber Music – 816-561-9999
Harriman-Jewell Series – 816-415-5025
Heartland Men’s Chorus – 816-931-3338
Kansas City Jazz Orchestra – 816-225-4949
Awakening Events – 501-514-1717
Knuckleheads – 816-483-1456
UMKC Conservatory – 816-235-6222
KC Women’s Chorus – 816-822-2344
KC Friends of Alvin Ailey – 816-471-6003
Harmony Project KC – 816-231-7738
Midwest Chamber Ensemble (Vocalise Project) – 913-396-9878
For Folly produced events, please be patient as we are working with the performers to first attempt rescheduling. We will be in contact with all ticket purchasers of Folly-produced events affected by this cancelation over the next few weeks.
Folly Box Office may be contacted during the normal business hours of Monday through Friday from 10 AM to 5 PM with any questions or concerns.